Monday, July 25, 2011

thar be a party!

owen has been planning a pirate birthday party for MONTHS now! he wanted a cake decorated like a pirate ship, had his pirate birthday shirt picked out in may, and wanted a jack sparrow costume for his birthday. such a clown! we tried to grant most of those wishes.




DSCN1748




we got his a BIG bike for his birthday. he had outgrown his other one and we wanted it to be a few years before we had to upgrade again. it has slowed him down a little, but he LOVES it!







DSCN1773




“ARR!” owen sitting down for his birthday breakfast and enjoying his new jack sparrow sword.







DSCN1843




oh the cake! my worst nightmare. I completely gave up the night before while trying to make it look like a ship. the morning of the party I was frantically calling bakeries hoping they had a pirate cake. but, my mom showed up and assisted me in making it presentable. thanks mom! owen loved it!







DSCN1787




we planned a pirate party for him that afternoon. it was a lot of work, but I think these boys (and girl) had fun!







DSCN1790




we had to test out the pirate gear.




DSCN1794




after everyone was dressed appropriately we headed outside for “sink the ship”.







DSCN1797




they had fun bombing the other teams ship. I was actually surprised they didn’t start “bombing” each other.







DSCN1800

3 comments:

ckm said...

Fun fun fun! I love the ideas! I am not nearly as creative. After my oldest (now 18) had a melt down at her party in Kindergarten, I swore off parties - traumatic for her AND me! We do family parties with a cake and a couple of gifts. I now give them a $50 budget and they can plan whatever they want (with prior approval). Most times they keep the money. Jenna one year took a friend to the mall and split the money. It was fun to see them shocked at how much things cost and hear them discuss what they could or wouldn't do. This past year Jaley took 4 friends to Walgreen's for Theater Candy and then they went to the dollar movie - afterwards they wanted to go to Wendy's. She saved money by using our food storage to make a make a cake.
I'd take you for a Mom!!! You are fun ... (I wonder if boy parties like this are easier than girls ...)

Lisa said...

That is a super cute idea! Loved all the party games!

Laura Ward said...

Becky that looks like it was so much fun! The cake looks awesome! Owen is such a lucky kid. Maybe I should celebrate my birthday in Idaho next year;P It was fun seeing you guys the other week.