Monday, April 25, 2011

iona easter egg hunt

our little city of iona holds an easter egg hunt each year. I took the boys the first easter we lived here (I was pregnant with madalyn) all by myself and it was a less than pleasant experience. so, last year I didn’t even blink when it came around. THIS year the weather was so beautiful and my kids were wanting to be outside so I decided to try it again. kevin was working but my sister, natalie, was in town and said she would come and help out. I am so glad she was there to help and I am so glad I decided to go!

this is a pretty small community, but the egg hunt was HUGE! people from everywhere. and it’s over in a matter of seconds. my kids were each able to get a handful of eggs and since the weather was so nice we decided to hang out at the park and enjoy some lunch and play. they were serving hot dogs, chips, soda, and candy each for $.25. I fed us all with $4 and we were SO CONTENT! I really love this community more and more as we attend things like this. we chose a great place to live.

DSCN1160

the boys and the easter bunny

madalyn didn’t want ANYTHING to do with the bunny! he kept trying to come near here just so he could get a rise out of her.

DSCN1134

owen

DSCN1136

wesley

DSCN1138

madalyn was more interested in her eggs than her lunch.

DSCN1153

one happy little girl.

1 comment:

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Fun! The kids all look so big! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! :)