Friday, August 27, 2010

kevin did it again!

kevin completed his second sprint triathlon last week. he did the rexburg rush and the course proved to be KILLER compared to the rigby race he did in june.

kevin trained hard and lost another 15 lbs in the process. he really enjoys this and hopes to do two each year.

the sprint triathlon starts with a 1/2 miles swim, then a 20k bike ride, and finishes with a 5k run. kevin said it was the run that did him in this time. the terrain was SO rugged and was a hill climb. the run in rigby tri was flat and gravel.

kevin left for the race at 5:30am so we were going to meet him there at 8. but, we arrived at the race late because my boys had locked my keys, phone, and wallet in the car as i was getting madalyn dressed. so i had to track down a neighbor at 8 am as they were pulling out of their garage and ask to use their phone (since mine was locked in the car) and make a distress call to my dad. my parents saved the day! dad came and unlocked the car and sent me on my way...tears and all. i was such a wreck!

so, we missed the swim entirely, but we were able to see him on his bike ride and then meet him at the finish line. this race location was not my favorite since there was LOTS of people crammed in little spaces and it wasn't easy getting to and from with three little ones. i kind of preferred the rigby race where you stayed in one location but you were able to see it all.








kevin finished in 2:00:35.

we are proud of you kevin! can't wait for the next one! (:


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa said...

CONGRATS!! What a guy you have! I am so impressed!

Sherrie said...

My girlfriend finished 4th that day and the way she talked it up, I think I'd like to do one someday. She hated the hilly terrain too, so maybe I'll tell her that the Rigby one was that much better and do it with her next year.

fun!

AUNT BETTY said...

WAY TO GO KEVIN! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION FOR US ALL. AND HOW FUN FOR OWEN, DEFENSIVE DRIVER ALREADY, LOL! LOVE YOU ALL!

Rafa and Rosanne said...

Go Kevin!! Awesome. I need to sign up for something! I'm so lazy lately.