Thursday, August 27, 2009

"worst mom in the world" and "mom of the year"...all in a days work!

TODAY. WAS. CRAZY.

i had to make it to the dmv (lost my drivers license) before kevin needed to go into work so i took of early.

as i was waiting in line owen's preschool teacher called (leaving a message) wondering where owen was! i died! yes, i know. owen had just started preschool the day before but i REALLY thought his schedule was MWF not MWTH. I felt like a fool! so, after i was done at the dmv i frantically tried to reach his teacher and explain what had happened and then i called kevin asking him to help owen get ready for school so i could pick him up. his teacher was very kind about it and explained that every year at least one parent mixes this up. i was thrilled to be the idiot for her this year. (;

owen was waiting in the driveway when i pulled up and MORE THAN thrilled that he was being rushed to school.

after school, we picked owen up and he was quick to pull out his masterpiece of the day. a parrot! he was so proud of this parrot. and then...we were off to run errands.

well, somewhere between all of our errands that darn parrot disappeared! i have never seen owen so upset and determined to find this piece of paper. he wouldn't even come into my mom's house when we stopped by because he wanted to search the car looking for his parrot.

after tearing my vehicle apart and having no luck i decided i needed to retrace my tracks with owen and see if could find it. so, we went back to the first store we stopped at and i walked around peaking under cars in the parking lot. after a few minutes owen finally sighed "that's okay mom. he just flew away." so, i gladly hopped back in the car and headed out of the parking. BUT ALAS, out of the corner of my eye, a few rows from where we were initially parked i spotted a little black something that looked like it had writing on it. i turned around, hopped out, and picked it up. sure enough! that little black paper on the black pavement had the name "owen" written on it. i flipped it over and beheld THE PARROT!

owen was ecstatic! i believe i have redeemed myself!



he named her "polly wants a cracker".
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! What a sweet story! You're a great mom, Becky!! I'm always amazed at you and your kids! They're great and so cute and sweet!

Lisa said...

You are hilarious! But I so understand the outbursts over things like that! When did our little boys get so emotional?

Heather Johnson said...

Too cute. Good job mom :)

The Wright Family said...

Wow- that is awesome you found it! It sounds like you definitely are a great mom through and through.

Amber said...

All of those things sound like something I would do. In fact, I am so worried that I am going to forget preschool because I am not used to having to stick to a schedule like that. I am sure we will get it all figured out soon.

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I have totally forgotten Preschool as well. Only mine was worse because I forgot to pick Chandler up, instead of drop her off. Her teacher fed her lunch and played with her until I got there 30 min late, YIKES!!! I was completly mortified, but she was very understanding also. I love that he came up with the parrot flew away, how clever! He looked so cute for his first day of school. It has been fun catching up on everyones blog, I took a Summer long break from blogging.

Mrs. Wallace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Wallace said...

That is the cutest thing-his little parrot! You are a super mom, and beleive me, I've done worse. I forgot to meet Joshua's bus driver several times (ok, almost everyday) & had to meet him various places around IF to pick him up. I'm surprised that they didn't call CPS on me-seriously.