Sunday, July 12, 2009

madalyn jane ward

our little girl has arrived!

madalyn jane ward
thursday, july 9th 2009
10:16 PM
7 lbs 11 oz
20 1/4 inches


she wasn't due to arrive until the 15th, but on the afternoon of the 9th after having two sleepless nights and two day of discomfort i called and made an appointment with my doc to be checked (hoping he would clear me for induction). i know...pathetic!
anyway, when i arrived for my 1:30 appointment much to my surprise i was dialted to a 2/3 and he stripped my membranes and sent me home for my hospital bag...with plans to induce me once i returned. so, i ran home, grabbed my bags and packed some bags for the boys, dropped their stuff off at my mom's and headed for the hosptial. since kevin works at the hospital he just met me at admissions.
by the time they had me all set-up on monitors and with my iv (took them about four tries to get my iv in because i hadn't eaten or drank much that day) i was already having contractions every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes and was dialated to a 3/4. so they didn't have to start me on PIT after all...thank heavens. the doctor came in and broke my water at about 5pm and the baby was here by 10pm. i only had to push through two contractions and she was out. and she looked so perfect!!
my parents brought the boys in friday morning to meet their new little sister. owen loved her right away and wanted to touch her and give her loves. but, he didn't want to hold her until we "got her home and put her in clothes."

owen examining madalyn
wesley, on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with her. in fact, i think this picture captures the closest he got to her at the hospital. he was way more interested in the little chair with wheels.
wesley, grandma holding madalyn
we all came down with colds the day she was born. NO FUN! and kevin and i were pretty miserable during our stay at the hospital. i finally had to send kevin home friday night so he could get some good sleep in our bed before we all came home. i needed him to feel better so he could take care of me! (;
we are all feeling a little bit better and are so happy to have little madalyn with us. she is such a sweet baby and we love her to pieces.
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Jill Chatterley said...

Congratulations! I have been checking your blog everyday waiting for the news. She is BEAUTIFUl. look at those cute little round cheeks. Im so happy for you guys!

Lisa said...

Awww... Madalyn looks SO SWeeT! I'm glad she's home safe and sound. Enjoy her!

Lisa said...

She is adorable! What a cute family you have! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you'd had her yet!:) Congrats!! I'm so excited for you to have a baby girl now (and jealous!!)LOL I hope you're all getting adjusted well!! Can't wait to meet little Madelyn!

Amber said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. I am glad that it went well and I hope you are all feeling better and getting some rest.

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

Congratulations! What a little doll! Born on my Mom's birthday too!

Evelyn said...

Congratulations! She looks adorable! Must be the age because our little Clark wanted nothing to do with his new siblings either!! Hope you are recovering well!

Laura Ward said...

she is so beautiful!!! I can't wait to see her! Sounds like Owen and Wes played their roles right, Kimball and Simon were exactly the same way when Eleanor was born! When I told Kimball in the morning she had been born the night before, he said "I can't wait to see what she looks like!" Owen is so funny!

Stephanie said...

What a sweet girl! Congratulations! I hope you are doing well and getting some sleep. She will be a fun addition to your family.

Amberlee said...

Congratulations! She is adorable :)

Unknown said...

She is gorgeous!! Congratulations to the Ward Family of 5 now, WOW! I am glad things happened so smoothly, and I hope you are all feeling better and getting settled. We are so thrilled for you all, that Madalyn is here. * beautiful name*

Unknown said...

Congratulations you guys! What a little angel. I can imagine Gracie having a very similar reaction as wesley! haha, that's too funny. That's how they are, things aren't as exciting as we think they should be! :)

Elena said...

Awwwww....we're SO glad she's here. Kate said, "Becky's wittle baby looked SOOOOO cute at Gwamma's house. Is she going back in Becky's tummy?" LOL! She's so confused.

Tiff George said...

Oh she is beautiful - congrats! I'm so glad everything went well for you two during the birth. Love all these new babies!

jason and michelle clarke said...

OH, she is so CUTE!! Congratulations, I hope you all are better now!!

ckm said...

Congratulations! I have been checking your blog for updates about the new addition but must have missed it with how busy our summer has been. She is beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures of her!

sjmiller said...

She is beautiful! Such a sweet name! I'm so happy for you! Girls are such a change from boys, and I bet you are having fun having a baby girl now! Awww! She really is a beautiful little baby! Congratulations again!

Nick and Lisa said...

She's adorable!! What a precious little angel!! Congratulations you guys! We can't wait to meet her!