Wednesday, June 17, 2009

FINALLY!

ahh! it feels good to check things off my never-ending list. and this week i was able to do that...well, not me. i paid someone to!

since we moved into our house i have felt like the drywall mantle was a bit of an eye sore...especially with all our cords showing and having to have a little book shelf near by to hold the dvd player and dvr. so, around november i started calling around to get estimates on what a mantle would cost. all of the estimates were OUTRAGEOUS and we choose the less painful quote. i called the guy, told him we wanted him to do the mantle and accepted his estimate. he said he would be in touch with me in the next week or so and to this day i STILL have not heard back from him! which by the way, this is also the way things are going with our sprinkler system and landscape edging. don't people want my money?! i don't get it.

well, my baby sister started running around with a jack-of-all-trades and he mentioned he could build us a mantle for an unbelievable price. he runs his own shop and does it all.



so, after a couple weeks. we went from this...

...to this!




we love it! it makes the room feel so much cozier and colorful.

THANKS DUSTIN!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Lisa said...

wow...it looks awesome!

Rafa and Rosanne said...

That looks very very nice!! I'm glad some things are coming together for you guys. :) Can't wait to see it personally.

Elena said...

Oh wow! He did a GREAT job! I love the brick too. Looks so nice!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Becky! I am so happy you could get this done and at a steal! I guess it is true, it's better to know people with connections -not to mention talent. I love your stone choice, it is just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

oh question..Where do all the cords go now?

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's GORGEOUS, Becky!! I'm glad you knew someone that could do it for you at a better price! I was wondering where the cords and DVD player go now, too. :)

Brandon and Emily said...

Love it!

Steph said...

It is so beautiful!!! I LOVE IT!

Amber said...

That looks great! I bet it changed your whole room.

Nichole said...

B.U.TEE.MUSS!

jason and michelle clarke said...

That looks Great!