Wednesday, March 05, 2008

thank you dr. brook

so...i have been sick. sore throat, earaches, headaches, fever, chills. no fun! i haven't wanted to go to the doctor because last time i went for these same symptoms i had to pay $150 out of my own pocket (i have no insurance) for the doctor to tell me i didn't have strep and gave me no prescription for relief.

well...yesterday i decided to go visit this mysterious dr. brook who charges by the minute. after a 15 minute visit and him filling two antibiotics for me and Kevin i wrote him a check for $35. that's it! i couldn't believe it.

thank you dr. brook! what a life saver!

7 comments:

Brandon and Emily said...

You can't beat $35 bucks!That is awesome! Smart doctor. Is that the doctor Ben & Kaylin see also? Hope you guys are feeling better.

Elena said...

So did you have strep then? Glad you went to the doc! It's amazing what a little anitbiotics can do!!!!

The Manwaring Family said...

Sweet! I'm glad you went! Definately can't beat $35 for visit and perscriptions!!! Hope you feel better.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

That is hilarious! I've never, ever heard of a doctor charging by the hour-what a great idea!!! I can't wait to tell Jonathan about this one! Hope you get feeling better soon-the "yuck" seems to really be traveling up there!!

Elise said...

A doctor who charges by the minute!? That is actually the coolest thing I've ever heard! I think that would speed up time in the waiting room, too.

Hope you're feeling better!

Jen said...

That is awesome. Our co-pay for the doctor is $30 alone!

Unknown said...

That is one nice doctor, who knows how to make his patients treatment fair. I once had a consultation visit for 15 minutes, in which I told him everything in my chart and I still paid the copay and the doctor fee of 90 dollars!! I like your doctor much better. I hope you feel good soon!